Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back to Blogging

The girls at SITS are hosting a "Back to Blogging" event. All you do is repost a blog that you have previously posted. One that you don't think many people have read. {I only have 7 followers, I don't think many people are reading any of them, really!} But here's mine. It's titled The Walk. I wrote this blog when a friend of mine was really questioning her faith in The Lord due to actions and reactions she had received from fellow Christians.


My walk
There is many a controversy in Christianity. Among them, just to name a few, drinking & drunkards, judging & hypocrisy and so on and so forth. We've all heard the conversations, sat through some of the lectures and discussions. Weighed in on where we stand. There are many interpretations of scripture in The Bible. So who is to say which interpretation is the right interpretation? Only one man can I think of. Only one TRUE judge. After all, every Christian wants to believe they are going to Heaven. But every Christian also commits sin, points fingers or casts judgment upon a brother or sister. Scripture has several meanings or definitions in different eyes of different Christians. Do I consider myself a Christian? Yes, absolutely. But I have a long way to go. I began my journey into church for the first time as an adult on March 23, 2008. Why, you may ask, do I remember the date? Because it was Easter Sunday and the first time my family had ever been to church together. I've yet to read the bible cover to cover. Or give testimony to an entire church congregation. I have felt the AWESOME power of God move through me and an entire church sermon. But I"m learning as I go.
Recently Kainan was sick and it was a very testing time for me in my faith. But, I'm learning to trust God with every encounter and with every step along my way.
I've learned that God loves me more than I can ever imagine. And as much as I love my family, He loves them MORE! I have learned that for everything there is a reason. And a time. It will not happen in MY time, rather His time. My watch is worthless. I've also learned that Christians are not perfect (Even though some of them may think so!) This is how I view things...

Jesus turned water into wine. It is also said that Jesus may have had wine himself from time to time or different occasions.

Matthew 26:29
"I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father’s kingdom.”

God commands to avoid drunkenness or being a drunkard. Do not be mastered or overcome by anything. Do not let your judgment be altered.
Ephesians 5:18
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.
I know every Christian should strive to be a role model to the weak. (I am NOT saying that a non believer is weak...just using terms from The Bible.) Should teach The Word of God. And help others to believe and see the love God has for each and every one of us.
Do I drink? I do. And as I do not drink in excess, I also do not consider myself to be a drunkard. Many, many people look down on me for that. But, I do not care. What does that make the person that shakes their finger at me? Does it not also make them a sinner? By passing judgment they are condemning themselves. 2 Peter 2:1-3 reads:

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

And Romans 2:3 this:
Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?

The first type of hypocrisy can be found in Matthew chapter 6.

In verse 2 Jesus says, "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full." Jesus goes on to say, "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their rewards in full."

Judging...I am guilty. I have in the past and even recently judged others. And I have become aware of my judging. And to those of which I have cast judgment upon, I can only apologize and hope to someday be forgiven. I have confessed of my sins to my God, and listened to Him when he has spoken to me. I continue to learn everyday. But I'm trying and striving to become a better person. And I think that is all I can continue to do.

I don't attend church regularly anymore. I love being in church. Everyone loves the warm, fuzzy feeling they may get while in attendance. I even like the feeling of conviction during the realization that, "Whoa, I've done wrong...thank you Lord, for redirecting me and guiding toward the right path!" I love nothing more than the great feeling of The Holy Spirit moving through me, taking my faith to a whole new level. (That part never gets old!!)

I believe that I am here, alive and well, breathing this air because of the Awesome God we serve. He WILL come back some day...sooner, rather than later. I believe that He and NO OTHER will be the one I answer to on Judgment Day. I praise Him! And give Him the glory. Nothing in this life is mine. It ALL belongs to Him. I've simply been borrowing it. Until the day He comes for us and we all face judgment.

But I also am the only one other than He that knows my relationship with God. I know which paths, tunnels, detours and direction that I have taken on my walk with God. I have never been alone on my journeys, for He has always been walking right beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...