Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Random Dozen



1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything? My husband and brother both have received military awards.

2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military? My brother is currently Chief in the Navy-retiring in 3 years at the age of 38, my husband was army for five years and my dad served in the army also, My father in law retired from the navy, and my brother in law is currently in the air force.

3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you. Anything military related...seeing video clips of troops returning from deployment, hearing the National Anthem, God Bless America...etc, etc...

4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality? I am the 2nd of five. I am 7 years younger than my older brother. Absolutely it made a difference. Not saying that they [the younger siblings] are less responsible than me, but you can see through the generations how society has impacted each of us. Great differences.

5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents. Strong willed. My mom is a very strong person. She has been through a lot and while she may not feel as though she can keep on pushing through, she always does.

6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo? Jeans....definitely. There is no comparison to wearing a comfy pair of jeans. :)

7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep? Several. Unless I'm extremely exhausted. A bright screen usually makes my eyes tired...for example, computer screen, tv, cell phone, hand held gaming system.

8. Share a favorite movie quote. I have several...all from the Twilight Saga.

Edward: "What did you expect? Coffins and dungeons and moats?"
Bella: "No, not the moats."
Edward: (laughs) "Not the moats."
-Edward Cullen and Bella Swan

Bella: Look, you gotta give me some answers.
Edward: Yes....No....To Get To The Other Side.Uh......1.77245
-Edward Cullen

Bella: "How old are you?"
Edward: "Seventeen."
Bella: "How long have you been seventeen?"
Edward: "A while..."
-Bella Swan and Edward Cullen

9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent? Harvest Medley-Glade

10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to? Weinie Roasts, campfires, pumpkin patches....I CANNOT name only one as there are too many favorites! <3

11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently. I got to spend some quality time with my daughter that wasn't planned...may have been laying on my bed just chatting, but quality nonetheless. :)

12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be? Nerve racking. But I was pregnant before I ever got to meet them. They were always traveling and never where we lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...