I made this once before and by the time we finished eating, there were no leftovers! That rarely happens in this house. I got this recipe from allrecipes.com. I faithfully use their site for all of my meal planning.
I didn't think to take pictures until I got to Step two and saw just how yummy everything looked! That's when I snapped a few pictures. This dish can be used for a dinner meal but would also make a great breakfast casserole!
- 1 (1 pound) package Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cut sausage into 1/2" cubes. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I had actually thought about tossing some sauerkraut into this dish. I knew my husband would love it...but he would have been the only one! Haha! I also didn't add the onion (because I didn't have any) and forgot the pepper, even without seasoning it was delicious!