Friday, March 25, 2011

Favorite family recipes

Apparently Friday is a good day for me to get some blogging done. I think this is the 3rd post for me today!

One of the things I hate doing is choosing what to have for dinner. Or trying to remember which recipe of a certain food my family enjoyed having. So I decided to make a quick binder containing our favorite recipes. I grabbed an old binder I had on hand, I really need to get a new one for it.

I used paint shop pro and made a cute cover sheet to slide into the front of it.


My favorite place for recipes is allrecipes. I sometimes will tweak the recipe to fit our tastes better, but for the most part this is my go to site. I print off all of the recipes that seemed to be a hit for my family and put them in this binder. Page protectors are awesome for this, especially if you are like me and tend to get in a hurry and start spilling and making messes. (Hey-I can't be perfect ALL the time.)




I also downloaded a meal planning template off the internet and added a few of our favorite meals to the bottom of it. This way, when I ask each member of our family what meal they want for one night this week, they have a visual list of some of our favorites. If I didn't do this, my kids would alternate pizza and taco's every night. I keep these tucked into the front pocket of the binder for easy access.


I am also working on hand writing some of the family "tradition" foods that we all enjoy. The plan is that someday, when the time comes, this will be passed on to my daughter.

2 comments:

  1. I love allrecipes as well. Your binder looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. I have one of these concepts too, but yours in WAY more organized than mine is. I actually took a 5 subject notebook and stapled the recipes to the actual paper sheets. Some are printed like yours, some are hand written (especially the ones that came from family), and some are just 'in' there right now. It has pockets where I have a few recipe cards as well. Hubby has separate little notebook of recipes passed down from his Grandmother and we keep that in one of the pockets too. I should get sheet protectors like you, even if I just tear out the already stapled pages and slide them in and put them in a binder.

    I think it's great that you want to pass that down to your daughter too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...