Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Quote blocks

I've seen these blocks before on many blogs and websites and thought I'd give it a go. I am not sure on the size of these blocks as I didn't buy them, they were already laying around the house   I sanded them down a bit just to get the rough edges off. Then I used a can of off white spray paint and did a very quick coat. I wanted to be able to see some of the wood grain through the paint for a more rustic, rugged, antiquey look. Yes, I'm aware that antiquey isn't a real word. Ssssh! This is my post!
 
After a quick coat of paint
 I used americana-ish cardstock and cut 3 strips to fit the sides. I used a mixture of glue and water for this as I don't have mod podge. I applied the words God bless America that I had cut from my handy dandy cricut machine. And voila, cute little blocks to sit on the antique stereo in the living room. I wanted to apply the words live, laugh, love...or something more family related, but I seemed to have a lot of 4th of Julyish scrapbooking paper. These pics are horrible, taken with my phone.
With a patriotic ribbon
With a little bit of light blue tulle

I left them just as they are, I like the look of them simple and stacked.

2 comments:

  1. Those are super cute! I might have to try to make a set of these myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing this cute idea last week on Fresh Clean and Pure Friday! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...