Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Family Emergency Binder

You wake up to your house on fire. What is the ONE thing that you grab? Not including your family, of course.
Your family emergency binder? Right!
Remember this post pertaining to the favorite family recipes? Well, I'm about to start another small binder project. Well, at least that's the way it's going to start out...small. We all know how that snowballing effect works. This may end up a huge task. But worth it in the end. Well worth it.
I am going to put everything that we would need or wished we had, if we were to lose all of that.
  • birth certificates
  • important phone numbers
  • allergy & medical information
  • copies of tax returns

I am also going to incorporate a place for school and work information, calendar complete with birthdays & anniversaries, a phone directory and anything else that strikes my fancy as I'm going along.

Eventually, I will have TWO of these binders. One for the house and one to be kept in the van in case something happens while we are away. 

I'll post pictures when the project is complete.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea. Remember to keep an updated photo (change it every couple months) of each person in there as well, just in case someone went missing or whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a great reminder. It is officially on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...