Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yummy eats-shepherd's pie






Okay, I know what you're thinking. Shepherds Pie? Eww. A lot of people don't like it. But folks, I'm tellin ya, this is some good eatin! Well, it is in my family.

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans, drained
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups mashed potatoes

Yes, I cheat and use steam and mash potatoes. Honestly, why would I go through the trouble peeling, dicing, boiling and mashing potatoes when it's made so easy for me?

  1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Drain fat. Mix in green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and onion. 



3.  Pour beef mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish and top with Cheddar cheese. Spread mashed potato on top. 

Seasoned with garlic & onion. I season EVERYTHING with it.
Not quite ready for the oven.
Now it's ready for the oven. EXTRA cheese, also a must for our family.

4.  Bake in the preheated oven until the pie is hot, and the mashed potatoes are golden brown, about 30 minutes. 

Ready for the oven!
SO yummy!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great Vanessa. I actually love shepard's pie! Thank you for linking up and sharing this:)

    xoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious to me!!! Thanks for sharing because I am sooo gonna make this tonight!! Its just me (husband is off at work) and I can eat on this for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and I will take pictures to see if mine came out as good looking as yours! I think I am going to substitute the green beans for peas!

    ReplyDelete

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...